New Jersey boy, 11, died from ‘allergic reaction to the smell of fish’
‘Daddy, I love you’: Tragic final words of New Jersey boy, 11, who died from ‘an allergic reaction to the smell of fish being cooked by his gran’
- Little Camron Jean-Pierre gave dad Steven two kisses after falling ill at his family’s home in New York on New Year’s Day
- His gran had been preparing a cod dinner when Camron walked into the house
- Steven said he desperately tried to save his son before he was rushed to Brookdale University Hospital Medical Center ‘unable to breathe’
- Camron was known to have an allergy to fish and used a nebulizer for his asthma
- But his family said his reactions had not been ‘that severe’ in the past
- Steven called Camron his ‘prince’ and said he was his ‘everything’
The New Jersey schoolboy who died from a suspected allergic reaction to the smell of fish being cooked by his gran used his final words to tell his father he loved him.
Little Camron Jean-Pierre gave dad Steven two kisses after falling ill at the family home in New York as the desperate parent tried to save his son on New Year’s Day.
Fighting back tears Steven said the pair had traveled from New Jersey to Brooklyn to spend the day with Camron’s grandma, who was said to have been cooking cod.
The smell is said to have quickly overwhelmed the youngster and his family tried to revive him using his portable nebulizer.
Camron Jean-Pierre died from a suspected allergic reaction to the smell of fish being cooked by his gran on New Year’s Day
HOW FISH ALLERGIES CAN BE DEADLY
The Food Allergy Research & Education say that finned fish is one of the most common food allergies.
They say it can cause severe and potentially life-threatening allergic reactions and is one of the eight major allergens that must be listed on packaged foods sold in the U.S.
Dr. Purvi Parikh, an allergist with NYU Langone Health, told Fox8 that inhaling certain foods can cause an allergic reaction for some but it is less common than touching.
Camron is understood to have used the machine for his asthma and was known to have an allergy to fish, The Daily News reports.
Steven said: ‘It just so happens they was cooking it when we came in. We knew he had an allergy but usually he don’t get nothing that severe.
‘I [tried] to give him the machine — that usually works — but it didn’t take, and then I just called the ambulance.
‘He told me, “Daddy, I love you. I love you.” He gave me two kisses. He kept telling me, “I’m not able to breathe.”
Steven carried out CPR on his son before Camron was rushed to Brookdale University Hospital Medical Center but medics were unable to save him.
He told The New York Post: ‘That was my prince, man. He was my everything.’
Camron’s gran is understood to have been cooking cod when he arrived at her Brooklyn home
He was rushed to Brookdale University Hospital Medical Center but could not be saved
Woman, 68, who received a lung transplant develops her…
New York man is arrested for manslaughter after beating a…
Share this article
Neighbours said Camron was a ‘very respectful child’, calling his death ‘shocking’.
The Medical Examiner will determine his official cause of death but police have said he had some type of reaction to the seafood.
Source: Read Full Article