Man, 19, charged over drive-by shooting at funeral in Euston that left girl, 7, fighting for life and 5 others injured | The Sun

A MAN has been charged over a drive-by shooting at a funeral that left a seven-year-old girl fighting for life.

Armed police swooped on the funeral in Euston, North London, on January 14.

Five others including an 11-year-old girl were also injured after a shotgun was fired at mourners in a "senseless act of violence".

Alrico Nelson Martin, 19, has now been charged with possession of a shotgun with intent to endanger life and six counts of conspiracy to wound with intent.

He has been remanded in custody to appear at Willesden Magistrates' Court today.

The Met Police confirmed two other men, aged 22 and 23, have been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder and remain in custody.

Read more news

‘Killer’ sent messages ‘posing as partner to cover up her murder’

Smiling killer tells cops ‘I know what happened’ as he returns to scene

A second 22-year-old man arrested in suspicion of attempted murder has been bailed until April.

The horror unfolded at St Aloysius Church where a memorial service was taking place for a young woman and her mum.

Gunmen opened fire from a moving Toyota C-HR at around 1.30pm as 350 people gathered for the requiem mass.

Footage showed terrified mourners screaming as they ran for cover from the shotgun blasts.

Most read in The Sun


Strictly's Giovanni Pernice & Jowita Przystal call it quits after romance


Watch emotional moment groom cries after Dysart Dynamo survives horror fall


Dreamboys boss dead after being jailed for trying to kill ex who kissed star


Katie Price reveals most shocking tattoo yet – with THONG inked on bum

Those inside the church could be heard shouting "we need to get out" as gunshots rang through the air.

Four women aged 48, 54, 41 and 21 and two girls, aged 11 and seven, were rushed to hospital.

The seven-year-old girl was left fighting for life but her injuries have now been now described as non-life threatening.

Police confirmed the 48-year-old woman remains in hospital where she is undergoing treatment.

Fresia Calderon, 50, and her daughter Sara Sanchez, 20, were being remembered after they died within a month of each other.

Her former husband Carlos Arturo Sanchez-Coronado was a convicted member of the notorious Cali drug cartel, which featured in Netflix show Narcos.

Sanchez-Coronado, who died last year aged 56, was the first man extradited from Colombia to Britain.

Anyone with information can call police on 101 quoting reference 3357/14JAN.

Source: Read Full Article