Indianapolis FedEx shooting police audio reveals moment gunman opened fire inside warehouse leaving eight dead

CHILLING police audio reveals the moment a gunman with an assault rifle opened fire inside a FexEd warehouse in Indiana.

Eight people were shot dead after the lone suspect pulled the weapon out of his trunk and started shooting during a night shift change, witnesses claimed.

Cops were called to the "active shooter incident" at 11pm last night after reports of shots being fired at the FedEx site on Mirabel Road in Indianapolis.

Officers were met with a scene of horror as they searched the warehouse for survivors with bloody bodies strewn across the floor.

In police dispatch audio published by Heavy, the gunman was described as a "white male wearing a hat" or hoodie and carrying a rifle type weapon. 

The suspect was found dead after shooting himself in the head about 10 to 15 minutes after cops were first called to the bloodbath.

The shocking police audio reveals the moment cops discovered multiple casualties scattered around the building and in the parking lot.

"We have the suspect here inside it looks like. Looks like he has a gunshot wound to the head. Two rifles here," an officer said in the audio.

Cops later confirmed the suspect had a .223 rifle, according to the audio.

At least one rifle was confirmed, with police looking into reports of a second weapon.

However, according to the initial dispatcher call, police believed there were two rifles.

Indianapolis police spokesperson Genae Cook confirmed eight people were found dead at the scene after the massacre.

"Today it is very heartbreaking and, you know, in the Annapolis Metro Police Department, the officers responded, they came in, they went in and they did their job," she told reporters.

"And a lot of them are trying to face this because this is a sight that no one should ever have to see."

At least four people were rushed to hospital – including one person with critical injuries, Cook confirmed.

No officers were injured in the shooting, Cook confirmed.

She said officers are still working to identify the shooter, adding: "This is going to go long into the morning."

She said it was too early to tell whether the shooter was a FedEx employee.

"We're still trying to ascertain the exact reason and cause for this incident," Cook said.

Terrified victims have revealed how the crazed gunman sent bullets flying into parked cars while FedEx workers said they were forced to dive beneath conveyor belts to hide.

Employee Jeremiah Miller was within feet of the attacker inside the building.

He told WISH: "I saw a man with a submachine gun of some sort, an automatic rifle, and he was firing in the open. 

"I immediately ducked down and got scared and my friend's mother, she came in and told us to get inside the car."

Another man said: "We heard two loud metal clangs at first.

"They didn't sound like gunshots at first. Then we heard three more shots.

"And then my buddy Levi saw somebody running out of the building and then more shots went off," he added.

"Somebody went behind their car to the trunk and got another gun, and then I saw another body on the floor."


Live video from news outlets at the scene showed crime scene tape in the parking lot outside the building.

Cops confirmed the suspect "came into the parking lot, exited his vehicle and quickly began shooting."

It was also confirmed that "it wasn't precipitated by an argument or disturbance".

US Congressman Andre Carson, a representative for Indiana, said: "I am heartbroken by the mass shooting at the FedEx facility here in Indianapolis and praying for all affected by this tragedy.

"I am communicating with local authorities to get all details of the attack and my office stands ready to help everyone affected in any way we can."

A FedEx spokesperson said: "We are aware of the tragic shooting at our FedEx Ground facility near the Indianapolis airport.

"Safety is our top priority, and our thoughts are with all those who are affected.

"We are working to gather more information and are cooperating with investigating authorities."

This is the third mass shooting this year in Indianapolis.

Five people, including a pregnant woman, were shot and killed in January, and a man was accused of killing three adults and a child before abducting his daughter during at argument at a home in March.

    Source: Read Full Article