Grieving mum’s heartbreaking drugs warning after daughter, 15, died taking two MDMA 'sh*tbombs'
A GRIEVING mum has issued a heartbreaking warning after her daughter died from taking two MDMA "s**tbombs".
Leah Heyes, 15, also known as Elwin, collapsed after using the Class A drug for the first time last May.
A coroner recorded a narrative verdict at her inquest which revealed how the teen bought the "double toxic" dose for just £10.
Her heartbroken mum Kerry Roberts, 36, tearfully told the hearing: "I remain as numb, lost and hurt as the day she was taken.
"I will never be able to put into words the pain that my beautiful, thoughtful daughter has gone and I will not get to watch her grow up.
"I hope young people will learn from what happened to Leah, me and my family, and will stop taking drugs.
"I don't want any other family to go through what we have gone through."
Leah took the MDMA crystals wrapped in Rizla cigarette papers with pals in a car park in Northallerton, North Yorks.
She soon fell ill and was rushed to James Cook Hospital in Middlesbrough later the same night but died.
Phone records found she arranged to buy the drugs for a tenner and swallowed the large and fatal doses in quick succession.
Two teens, Connor Kirkwood, 18, of Dishforth, North Yorks, and Mitchel Southern, 19, of Thirsk, North Yorks, have since admitted supplying the drugs that killed Leah.
The pair are due to be sentenced on Monday at Teesside Crown Court.
Detective Sergeant Christopher Parker described the MDMA Leah had taken as "s**tbombs" – a crystal form of the drug.
Outside the inquest mum Kerry, of Northallerton, said: "Leah had never done it before.
"I think she wanted to try it and she got it easily. I don’t know why she didn’t tell me.
"I think friends had a big effect on her decision that night.
"In Leah’s case it was to impress maybe one of those boys. Children are dying because they don’t know.
"Leah has seen people doing it and getting away with it on a regular basis and she didn’t know what she was doing.
"That really is it, she didn’t realise the dangers. Even though I thought we had spoken about things enough, there wasn’t enough to put her off.
"Parents don’t know how easy it is for kids to access this and how cheap it is. When we were younger it was a bottle of alcohol.
"But its cheaper than that and it is so easy to get. No parent should lose their child in this way."
The tragedy has been followed by the deaths of two other teenagers in North Yorkshire linked to MDMA.
A 14-year-old girl died in Scarborough earlier this year and a boy of 15 in York. Investigations are ongoing.
At the beginning of October four students on Tyneside died.
Two men, aged 18 and 21, had taken MDMA and two 18-year-old women died after taking Ketamine.
North Yorkshire coroner Jonathan Leach told the hearing in Northallerton: "The police and I send out the message that taking illegal drugs is a very risky business, as shown by Leah's death."
Source: Read Full Article