Ex-F1 driver and socialite daughter, 21, charged over ‘Covid breach’ after fleeing London
AN ex-F1 driver and his socialite daughter have been charged over an alleged Covid rule breach after fleeing London for a Scottish island.
John Crichton-Stuart, 62, and his daughter, Lola, 21, allegedly went up to their family home on the Isle of Bute after the capital went into Tier 4.
⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates
The Marquess of Bute and Lola are two of six others charged by police.
A 90-year-old woman is also included in the group accused of breaking coronavirus travel rules.
The toff’s main home is in London, where coronavirus cases have doubled in the last week due to a mutant strain.
A third of England is now in Tier 4 – the new highest level of lockdown restrictions.
After slashing Christmas bubbles to one day for all other tiers, Boris Johnson told the public not to travel out from Tier 4 areas from 12.01am on Sunday.
Nicola Sturgeon also announced travel ban over the border, stopping people moving from England into Scotland.
The Marquess, a former F1 driver who raced under the name Johnny Dumfries , has several properties on the Isle of Bute including Mount Stuart House and a family cottage.
A police spokesman said: “Three men aged 32, 62 and 69 years, and four women aged 21, 29, 60 and 90 have been charged in connection with alleged breaches under the coronavirus legislation and will be subject of a report to the Procurator Fiscal.”
Tier 4 rules mean staying at home apart from for exercise, essential shopping or for work if you can't do your job from home.
No one is allowed to mix households for Christmas in the regions hit with the toughest rules, and no one should be travelling out of the locked down area.
The Bute family has been approached for comment.
Lady Lola was in isolation near her family's ancestral home in Bute over the summer.
She posted pictures of her stay on the island with a group of pals such as Adwoa Aboah and Ruby Boglione.
Source: Read Full Article