Barmaid, 20, seen on night out with 'trusted' friend hours before he raped and murdered her and hid her body in a stream

THIS is the chilling footage of a barmaid dancing with her "trusted" friend on a birthday night out hours before he murdered her.

Evil Wesley Streete, 20, raped barmaid Keeley Bunker, 20, before strangling her to death and dumping her half-naked body in a stream in Tamworth, Staffs.

Petite Keeley, who was just 4ft 11ins and weighed six and a half stone, had trusted her friend to walk her home after they watched rapper Aitch at the O2 Academy in Birmingham.

In mobile phone clips the pair dance together in the club with Keeley wearing a red dress as she poses for the camera.

Streete smiles and laughs as he watches the barmaid – hours before he brutally killed her.

After leaving the club a female friend had offered to let Keeley sleep over but she declined, saying: "I've got Wes, Wes will walk me back, it'll be fine."

But predator Streete, who towered over his victim, betrayed that trust in the ultimate way on September 19 last year.

After a huge search, aspiring teacher Keeley's body was found by her horrified uncle lying face-down in a brook covered in branches with her trousers and underwear pulled down.

Ocado supermarket worker Streete had returned to the scene to cover her with vegetation – and then repeatedly lied in a failed bid to cover her tracks.

The promising footballer changing his account four times before trial.

He initially said he'd left Keeley to walk home alone – before claiming he had accidentally strangled her during sex and dumped her body as he was "scared" and "embarrassed".

But a jury rejected his claims and found him unanimously guilty of rape and murder following a three-week trial at Stafford Crown Court today

The jury took just over eight hours to convict the former warehouse packer.

Streete was also found guilty of two other counts of rape, three counts of sexual assault and a charge of sexual activity with a child, against three other victims, said to have happened in previous years.

Streete had denied any wrong-doing telling how Keeley was "flirting" and "teasing" him, as they walked home and claiming she had wanted sex.

He claimed to have "accidentally killed" her after wrapping his forearm around her neck.

But the victim had scratch marks on her neck, most likely inflicted as she tried to prise herself from Streete's grip.


After being arrested, Streete told a web of lies which were undone by police who painstakingly pieced together CCTV and GPS data lifted from Streete's own mobile phone.

"I kept on lying to everyone," he said from the witness box while giving evidence, before claiming: "Now I'm telling the truth."

The 'audacious and arrogant' killer even complained to officers after they asked him about her movements that night.

Bodycam footage shows Streete lying to police about Keeley's whereabouts after she went missing and saying: "I just feel like I'm getting the blame".

During his custody interview Streete can also be heard complaining his "embarrassment" at being accused and says: "Its scary, but not scary in a way."

Wearing a black Nike t-shirt, he later tells a custody officer who asked him how he was feeling: "A bit sad… I wouldn't even say a bit sad, just say sad".

Detective Inspector Cheryl Hannan of Staffordshire Police said: "There's Wesley Streete and Wesley Streete alone who is responsible for Keeley's untimely death.

"Her friend, as Keeley did, trusted him to walk her home that night and there's only Wesley to blame that she didn't make it home.

"The lies that he told from the outset meant it was clear that he had something to do with her disappearance."

She added: "I think there's some audacity in his arrogance there in playing the martyr – saying 'why are people blaming me when I left her at that phone-box?' knowing full well where she was and what he'd done and the efforts he'd gone to to conceal her, to delay people finding her, if ever."


Keeley’s devastated family described her as “perfect in every way”.

In a statement they said: "Keeley Bunker, our Keeley Bunks, was the kindest, most beautiful young lady you could ever wish to meet.

“Keeley was compassionate, loving, caring and would put others before herself always. Keeley loved everyone unconditionally and nothing was ever too much trouble.

We could never have wished for anymore from Keeley, she was perfect in every way.

“She had many friends, she didn't realise just how many she had. We know that she was loved by all.

"We could never have wished for anymore from Keeley, she was perfect in every way. Her life was taken away so cruelly and far too soon.”

They added: “Keeley had many dreams that have now all been stolen from both her and from us, her family and friends.

"We will not see Keeley marry, go on to have children, enjoy any holidays.

"The world was hers and Keeley was just beginning to live a happy life.

"As Keeley's family the outcome of this trial will never be enough in terms of justice. It will never bring our Keeley back to us. We miss her so much and words can never express the heartache we feel.

“Never, ever will we forget the precious moments we had with our Keeley, together with all of the memories we will always hold dear. “


Source: Read Full Article