Netflix's Cecil Hotel doc reveals serial killer Richard Ramirez prowled corridors in bloodied underwear from murders
NETFLIX'S Cecil Hotel docuseries has revealed serial killer Richard Ramirez prowled the corridors in bloodied underwear after his murders.
Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel, focuses on the strange case of 21-year-old Canadian woman Elisa Lam.
- The best series on Netflix
- The best movies on Netflix
- New on Netflix: What to watch this week
Elisa disappeared in January 2013 while staying at the hotel, which is situated in downtown LA in an area rife with drugs, crime, poverty and homelessness.
Two weeks later, her body was found in a water tank on the top of the hotel.
While this was baffling and scary enough for viewers, the docuseries delivered a further dark twist when it was revealed that serial killer Richard Ramirez had also stayed there during his reign of terror in LA in the 1980s.
Ramirez is the subject of fellow Netflix series Night Stalker: The Hunt for a Serial Killer, but in the Cecil Hotel documentary, it was revealed he used to stay at The Cecil and prowl the corridors.
LA historian Kim Cooper explained: ‘It’s one of these hotels that’s well known for this type of crime. The Cecil is a place where serial killers would let their hair down.
"One was a figure who stayed upstairs on the 14th floor, was paying $14 a night for his room, he liked to scare, torture, torment, kill and rape human beings.
"After committing some of the most brutal murders that happened in southern California ever, he would come back to the Cecil.
"In the middle of the night, he would be in the back alley covered in blood, taking off his clothing."
Fellow historian Richard Schave added: "He would walk in his blood-stained underwear, barefoot, up to his floor and into his room. Repeatedly."
Ramirez would climb through open windows in Los Angeles and ransack his victims' homes before raping and killing them,marking the crime scenes with pentagrams.
He was eventually arrested and convicted of 13 murders, five attempted murders, 11 sexual assaults, and 14 burglaries at the age of 29 in 1989.
Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel and Night Stalker: The Hunt for a Serial Killer are both available on Netflix.
What’s on Netflix, Disney+ and Amazon Prime?
Looking for a new Netflix series to binge or the best movies to watch on Amazon Prime? We have you covered…
- New on Netflix: The best series and films released every day
- The best movies on Netflix to watch right now
- The best series to watch on Netflix
- The most terrifying horrors to watch on Netflix right now
- The best documentaries to watch on Netflix right now
- The best comedies to watch on Netflix right now
- The best thrillers to watch on Netflix right now
- The best kids' shows on Netflix to watch right now
- The best true crime series to watch on Netflix
- The best movies to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series on Disney+
Source: Read Full Article