Kate Gosselin gets nursing license in North Carolina after moving to state with kids & Kate Plus 8 cancellation
KATE Gosselin has obtained her nursing license in North Carolina after moving to the state with her children following the cancellation of their reality show, Kate Plus 8.
The Sun can exclusively reveal Kate, 46, obtained her registered nurse license on June 30, 2021, according to the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
The expiration date is March 31, 2023 and she has a “multi-state license.”
The mom of eight’s registered nurse license is also active in Pennsylvania and expires on October 31, 2021.
Kate worked as a nurse when Jon and Kate Plus 8 aired in 2007.
Her ex-husband Jon, 44, previously slammed Kate to The Sun for not working during the Covid-19 pandemic.
He said in April 2020: "I have no idea what she's doing for work. I mean you think – as she claims she has her nursing license – that she'd be on the front line. That would be a good idea. Just saying.”
MOVE TO NORTH CAROLINA
Kate obtaining her nursing license in North Carolina comes after she sold her Pennsylvania home for $1,085,000 on January 26.
She put the mansion on the market for $1,299,900 in October 2020.
Kate bought the six-bedroom, seven-bathroom home for $1,120,000 in 2008.
Reports claimed at the time that she moved to North Carolina with the children in her custody: Leah, Alexis, Joel and Aaden, all 17.
A source told HollywoodLife: “Kate picked up and moved the kids down to North Carolina to spend their junior and senior years there with a totally new life.”
Twins Mady and Cara, 20, live at their respective colleges, but reside with their mother when home.
The insider said: “The two older girls are in no rush to go to North Carolina. They weren’t happy about the move because they have no friends there.”
Kate and her ex-husband Jon, who has primary custody of the remaining two sextuplets in his care, Collin and Hannah, were involved in a nasty custody battle after they divorced in 2009 after 10 years of marriage.
It has been claimed Kate has "no contact" with Collin after she placed him in an inpatient special needs program for two years before he went to live with his father.
As The Sun previously reported, Kate Plus 8 was canceled after Jon filed a petition for contempt against Kate on October 18, 2019, claiming she filmed the four minor children in her custody, Leah, Alexis, Joel and Aaden, without his consent.
A standalone episode of Kate Plus 8 aired on October 1, 2019 titled College Bound, featuring their twin daughters Mady and Cara’s college tours and a family vacation.
Jon claimed he did not receive information from Kate or TLC that “filming of the minor children was to occur" for the episode.
As part of a May 14, 2019 agreement, Kate is allowed to film with the minor children in her custody if she and/or the TLC provides him with a “filming schedule including the date, time and location of filming.”
In Kate’s response to his petition on October 30, 2019, she claimed she “was under the mistaken impression” that the network was “handling all notifications to the Father and that she was not personally responsible for these notifications” regarding filming for the episode.
She then filed a counterclaim against Jon, accusing him of continuing to “publicly embarrass” her and “tarnish” her reputation so that her ability to continue the show is “completely thwarted.”
Kate blamed him for TLC canceling the series.
Source: Read Full Article