Wimbledon order of play with Nadal, Kyrgios and Halep in action
Wimbledon order of play: Simona Halep is up first on Centre Court before Rafael Nadal takes on Taylor Fritz for a place in the semi-final… as Nick Kyrgios looks to continue his run at SW19 against Cristian Garin
- Rafael Nadal is the star attraction on Centre Court in his quarter-final clash
- The Spaniard takes on 11th seed Taylor Fritz for a place in the semi-final
- Also in action on Centre Court is Simona Halep up against Amanda Anisimova
- Nick Kyrgios also looks to continue his run at SW19 against Cristian Garin
- Joe Salisbury and his partner Rajeev Ram are in doubles action on Court 2
The action at SW19 continues as Simona Halep, Rafael Nadal and Nick Kyrgios take centre stage on Wimbledon Day 10.
Day Nine saw defending champion Novak Djokovic progress to the semi-finals after battling back from two sets down to defeat Jannik Sinner in a thrilling five-set encounter on Centre Court.
Britain’s Cameron Norrie also needed five sets to get past David Goffin and cement a place in a first-ever Grand Slam semi-final, where he’ll come up against Djokovic on Friday.
Simona Halep is the last-remaining Grand Slam champion in the women’s draw this year
Rafael Nadal (left) is back on Centre Court today against Taylor Fritz, while Nick Kyrgios (right) takes on Cristian Garin for a place in the semi-final
Halep, the last remaining Grand Slam champion in the women’s draw, will get the action underway on Centre Court today as she takes on 20th seed Amanda Anisimova, who knocked Coco Gauff out in round three.
Following Halep on Centre Court will be Nadal, who faces a tricky encounter against 11th seed Taylor Fritz for a place in the semi-final. The Spaniard, having won both the Australian and French Open, is looking strong once more at SW19.
Also in action today is Kyrgios, who, after overcoming Brandon Nakashima in five sets last time out, plays unseeded Cristian Garin. Meanwhile, Britain’s Joe Salisbury and his partner Rajeev Ram are in doubles action on Court 2.
Sportsmail takes you through the day’s order of play – and how to follow the action – below.
As usual, it’s the BBC who will broadcast the Wimbledon action, with viewers able to watch on BBC One, BBC Two and the BBC Red Button.
The action on every court will be available to watch, with viewers able to stream the coverage via BBC iPlayer and both the BBC Sport website and app.
Additionally, BBC Two will provide daily highlights on their ‘Today at Wimbledon’ show.
Sportsmail will be covering Day 10 in full, so you can follow along with us.
Order of play for Wednesday, July 6
Centre Court (from 1.30pm)
- Simona Halep (16) vs Amanda Anisimova (20)
- Taylor Fritz (11) vs Rafael Nadal (2)
Court 1 (from 1pm)
- Ajla Tomljanovic vs Elena Rybakina (17)
- Cristian Garin vs Nick Kyrgios
- Rajeev Ram & Joe Salisbury (1) vs Nicolas Mahut & Edouard Roger-Vasselin (12)
- Danielle Collins & Desirae Krawczyk vs Alicja Rosolska & Erin Routliffe (11)
- Mate Pavic & Sania Mirza (6) vs Neal Skupski & Desirae Krawczyk (2)
Britain’s Joe Salisbury and Rajeev Ram are also in action today in their quarter-final clash
- Matthew Ebden & Max Purcell (14) vs John Peers & Filip Polasek (7)
- Elise Mertens & Shuai Zhang (2) vs Alexa Guarachi & Andreja Klepac (7)
- Matthew Ebden & Samantha Stosur vs Jack Sock & Coco Gauff
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article