Premier League fixtures on and off: Man Utd vs Leeds, Liverpool vs Chelsea, Brentford vs Arsenal during Queen's funeral | The Sun
QUEEN ELIZABETH'S sad death has been an occasion that has rocked the United Kingdom to its core.
Millions have joined each other in a period of national mourning – to mark the life of Britain's most celebrated and iconic monarch.
Premier League football has been scaled back during this period, with the league showing particular sensitivity to the national mood.
There was serious debate over whether to fulfil this weekend's top flight football fixtures.
And now it's been confirmed that THREE matches will be called off, including Chelsea's home game with Liverpool.
Which Premier League matches are on and off this weekend?
Friday, September 16
- Aston Villa vs Southampton (Sky Sports) – 8pm – ON
- Nottingham Forest vs Fulham – 8pm – ON
Read more in Football
Fixtures latest as football set to resume but Arsenal’s Europa clash off
Ronaldo & Utd team arrive for training ahead of crunch Sheriff clash
Saturday, September 17
- Wolves vs Manchester City (BT Sport) – 12.30pm – ON
- Newcastle vs Bournemouth – 3pm – ON
- Brighton vs Crystal Palace – 3pm – OFF
- Tottenham vs Leicester City – 5.30pm (Sky Sports) – ON
Sunday, September 18
- Brentford vs Arsenal (Sky Sports) – 12pm – ON
- Everton vs West Ham – 2pm – ON
- Manchester United vs Leeds United – 2pm – OFF
- Chelsea vs Liverpool (Sky Sports) – 4.30pm – OFF
Most read in Football
Ronaldo handed offer to move to Saudi Arabia after rejecting 'obscene' deal
Footie ace Andy Carroll wrecks £130k Mercedes in head-on crash
'Devastated' Tuchel breaks Chelsea axe silence in 'most difficult statement'
Carroll set for football return at Reading on free transfer after Baggies exit
When are the fixtures set to be rearranged for?
That remains to be seen, with a packed season including a World Cup sandwiched right in the middle.
With the number of top international players playing in the Premier League, the top clubs will be glad the league included five substitutions instead of the old three.
Source: Read Full Article