New Orleans Pelicans at Toronto Raptors odds, lines, picks and betting tips
The New Orleans Pelicans (0-0) open the 2019-20 NBA season against the reigning champion Toronto Raptors (0-0) Tuesday at Scotiabank Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for shortly after 8 p.m. ET following the Raptors’ banner-raising ceremony. In this one, we focus on the Pelicans-Raptors odds and lines, with NBA betting advice and tips around the matchup.
Pelicans at Raptors: By the numbers
Place a legal sports bet on this NBA action or other games at BetMGM.
- The Raptors went 2-2 in the preseason with 114.8 points for per game and the same amount allowed. The Pelicans were 5-0 in exhibition play with 125.6 points for and 118.2 points against.
- Toronto was 58-24 overall last regular season and 32-9 at home. New Orleans was 33-49 overall and 14-27 as the road team.
- The two teams split last season’s two head-to-head meetings with the road team winning each time. The Pelicans won 126-110 in Toronto. The Raptors won 127-104 in New Orleans.
- The Pelicans ranked second in the NBA last season while averaging 103.89 possessions per game. The Raptors were 15th with an average of 100.52 possessions per game.
- Raptors PF Pascal Siakam signed a four-year, $130 million max extension over the weekend. He averaged 16.9 points, 3.1 assists and 6.9 rebounds per game in his third year in the league.
- Toronto averaged 17.2 points off opponent turnovers, 12.7 second-chance points and 18.4 fast break points per game last season.
- New Orleans averaged 16.1 points off of turnovers, 14.4 second-chance points and 14.8 fast break points.
Pelicans at Raptors: Key injuries
Pelicans F Zion Williamson, the No. 1 pick of the NBA draft, is expected to be out until December after suffering a torn meniscus.
Raptors SF OG Anunoby will be back in a prominent role this season after sitting out last year’s championship run following an appendectomy. Free-agent addition F Rondae Hollis-Jefferson is day-to-day to start the year due to a groin injury.
Pelicans at Raptors: Odds, picks and betting tips
NBA odds courtesy of BetMGM; access USA TODAY Sports for a full set of today’s betting odds. Odds last updated at 10 a.m. ET.
Moneyline : The Pelicans were already in tough against a Raptors team looking to prove it can still contend after losing SF Kawhi Leonard to free agency, before losing Williamson. The Raptors would be the play if it weren’t for the -278 odds which return a profit of just $3.60 on a $10 wager. It’s too much chalk, so we’ll stick with the spread.
Line : Take the RAPTORS with the -7.5 points at +100. The same $10 bet will return a $10 profit should they win by eight or more points against a team missing its best player.
Over/Under : Go with the UNDER 231.5 (-115). The Raptors will need to re-learn to score without having Leonard to facilitate the offense and command the defensive attention.
Want some action in this one? Place a bet at BetMGM now. For more sports betting tips, visit SportsbookWire.com.
Follow @EstenMcLaren and @SportsbookWire on Twitter.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.
Tom Brady’s beautiful TD pass to Phillip Dorsett had NFL fans in awe
Grading the Mohamed Sanu trade for the Patriots and the Falcons
Tom Brady was seen giving a gift to Jets WR Demaryius Thomas before MNF
Angler shatters smallmouth bass record, lets fish live
Sam Darnold said ‘I’m seeing ghosts’ during awful MNF performance and fans crushed him
Source: Read Full Article