Harry Maguire spotted at European hotel for first time after explosive Mykonos brawl trial
HARRY Maguire has been spotted for the first time since his explosive trial in Greece.
The Man Utd captain, 27, was pictured at a hotel in Europe today.
⚠️Click here for the latest news on Harry Maguire
Maguire looked casual in a blue polo shirt, shorts and a baseball cap with a face mask on.
It is the first time he has been seen since he was sensationally convicted of brawling with cops in Mykonos last week.
Yesterday, Maguire’s lawyers lodged an appeal against his Greece assault and cop bribery convictions.
The move nullifies the initial verdict and means there will be a retrial in a more senior court.
But the England star, expected to keep the Man Utd captaincy, may wait three years for it to be heard.
Pals claimed Maguire and his group — arrested at the weekend — were given a “welcome” by up to eight men armed with batons when they arrived at a police station in Mykonos.
Authorities refused to allow medical evidence gathered by his legal team which detailed bruising he sustained.
Phone footage which showed Maguire’s pals confronting two Albanians who allegedly tried to inject his sister Daisy, 20, with a drug was also not allowed to be submitted.
A source said: “Harry is very disappointed at how things played out in court. His team was given two hours to examine a 50-page prosecution file.
“They repeatedly asked for an adjournment but weren’t given one.
"The trial went on until late and it makes everyone think that the authorities were determined to deal with the case, whether it had due process or not.
“Harry is confident that the appeals process will provide him with the opportunity to clear his name.”
Another pal said Maguire was “hellbent on clearing his name”, adding: “He respects the legal process.”
Maguire's family and friends have leapt to his defence after the trial on Tuesday.
Fiancee and mum of his two kids, Fern Hawkins, shared a tweet posted by Love Island's Chris Hughes insisting the truth will come out.
Chris, who was on the Greek island with the family, posted: "I pray when the truth comes out the horrendous ordeal that Harry and his family have been through in Greece will be a firm reminder that situations shouldn't be judged by anybody until they know anything.
"They're the most genuine, lovely family, who've lived through a horror film."
The tweet was also shared by Maguire's sister Daisy, who was said to be injected with a rape drug before the brawl erupted.
Manchester United insisted their skipper now has no conviction or criminal record and is innocent.
Brother Joe Maguire, who was convicted alongside the defender, also shared it in an Instagram story.
Maguire was found guilty of assault, attacking a cop, attempted bribery and verbal assault after a marathon seven-hour court session on the Greek island of Syros last night.
The £85million England player avoided jail and being hit with a fine as he was convicted of all charges in a Greek court.
But a lawyer for two of the six policemen involved in the case called the defender a "disgrace" and accused him of "inventing a pack of lies" after the initial verdict.
Ioannis Paradissis told MailOnline: "Maguire and his friends invented a story about Albanians attacking his sister.
"I've never heard such rubbish. This was a shameful attempt to cover up their disgusting behaviour and an insult to Albanians and the Greek police.
"He should hang his head in shame and return to Greece to apologise."
But bosses at Utd said: "An appeal against yesterday’s verdict was lodged this morning by Harry’s legal team.
"In accordance with the Greek judicial process, the filing of an appeal extinguishes the initial court verdict and nullifies the conviction.
"The appeal has been accepted and will lead to a full retrial in a more senior court.
"This means that Harry has no criminal record and is once again presumed innocent until proven guilty."
Source: Read Full Article