Europa League last 16 draw – UK start time, TV channel, live stream FREE, teams, seedings & restrictions
THE EUROPA LEAGUE is down to the Last 16 draw.
And from this stage there are NO country restrictions, so we could see an all-Premier League tie.
When is the Europa League draw?
- The Europa League Last 16 draw takes place on Friday, February 26 – TODAY.
- The draw will start at 12pm UK time – this is 1pm local time.
- The House of European Football in Nyon, Switzerland, hosts the draw.
What TV channel is the Europa League draw on and can I live stream it free?
- The Europa League draw is being live streamed for FREE on Uefa's official website.
- While BT Sport 2 will also be showing the draw for subscribers.
Which teams are in the Last 16 draw?
- Tottenham (ENG)
- Dynamo Kyiv (UKR)
- Manchester United (ENG)
- Arsenal (ENG)
- AC Milan (ITA)
- Rangers (SCO)
- Slavia Prague (CZE)
- Villarreal (ESP)
- Roma (ITA)
- Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)
- Young Boys (SUI)
- Molde (NOR)
- Napoli (ITA)
- Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)
- Ajax (NED)
- Olympiacos (GRE)
Are there any country restrictions?
No – two teams from the same division can now face each other from this stage meaning we could see Arsenal vs Man Utd.
There are no seedings from the Last 16 in the Europa League.
When are the fixtures?
The first legs take place on Thursday March 11, while the second legs are a week later on Thursday March 18.
If you click on a link in this story we will earn affiliate revenue.
- Joshua Mbu
ARTETA ON BENFICA
Arsenal boss spoke to BT Sport after his team scraped through to the Round of 16.
- Joshua Mbu
Man Utd will be one of the teams in today's draw, and here is what boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer had to say about last night's 0-0 draw against Real Sociedad: "You remember defeats more than wins. Especially semi-finals.
“We’ve had three of them, so this group feels hurt, and wants to go further. We are a group that’s very tight.
“We’ve had a few setbacks and knocks, but it lifts us, we want to go further. If you fail in three semis, you want to do better and improve.
“It’s exciting. It’s a group of players that will improve because we’re still a young team.”
- Joshua Mbu
ROUND OF 16 TEAMS
- Shakhtar Donetsk
- Slavia Prague
- AC Milan
- Dynamo Kyiv
- Young Boys
- Dinamo Zagreb
- Joshua Mbu
ROUND OF 32 RESULTS
- Tottenham (8) 4-0 (1) Wolfsberg
- Ajax (4) 2-1 (2) Lille
- Napoli (2) 2-1 (3) Granada
- Shakhtar Donetsk (3) 1-0 (0) Tel-Aviv
- Rangers (9) 5-2 (5) Royal Antwerp
- Arsenal (4) 3-2 (3) Benfica
- Hoffenheim (3) 0-2 (5) Molde
- Villarreal (4) 2-1 (1) Salzburg
- Leicester City (0) 0-2 (2) Slavia Prague
- AC Milan (3) 1-1 (3) Red Star – Milan go through on away goals
- Club Brugge (1) 0-1 (2) Dynamo Kyiv
- Man Utd (4) 0-0 (0) Real Sociedad
- Roma (5) 3-1 (1) Braga
- Bayer Leverkusen (3) 0-2 (6) Young Boys
- Dinamo Zagreb (4) 1-0 (2) Krasnodar
- PSV (4) 2-1 (5) Olympiacos
And welcome to the live blog for the Europa League Round of 16 draw!
Four British teams will be in the mix, and this time around, they can face each other.
Tottenham brushed aside Wolfsberg 8-1 on aggregate to earn their place in today's draw.
Arsenal's Europa League dreams were rescued by club captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameynag, who scored a late winner.
Man Utd held Real Sociedad to a 0-0 draw at Old Trafford to keep their 4-0 aggregate intact.
And Steven Gerrard's Rangers had the best tie of the Round of 32 – with his side beating Belgian side Royal Antwerp 9-5 on aggregate.
There are a couple of sides the British teams will want to avoid, including AC Milan, Villarreal and Roma.
The draw is due to get underway at midday, so stick around for all the latest!
Source: Read Full Article