Conor McGregor shows off ripped body ahead of Dustin Poirier fight and hints he has several years left in UFC
CONOR MCGREGOR has proved he is in terrific shape to fight Dustin Poirier while hinting he could scrap for several more years.
The Notorious is set to come out of retirement for the third time to scrap the American on January 23.
Despite verbal agreements between the two fighters, UFC president Dana White insists no contracts have yet to be signed.
But McGregor, 32, appears ready to rumble after showing off his figure inside the gym.
Alongside a picture of him looking ripped, he wrote: "If I tell you I am good, probably you will say I am boasting.
"But if I tell you I’m not good. You’ll know I’m lying."
McGregor also dropped a huge hint that he was preparing to land another world title in the future.
The former featherweight and lightweight champ said: "The game is still very young!
"Anderson (Silva) didn’t start in the origination until he was 31.
" The world will know for real when this is all said and done. Who’s who and what’s what. Mark it down. The cream always rises to the top!"
McGregor hasn't fought since his routine win over Donald Cerrone in January.
But Poirier poured doubt on his highly-anticipated return to the Octagon yesterday in a now-deleted tweet.
Replying to White's claims that both had been offered the headliner in January, he responded: "Me @TheNotoriousMMA is the fight January 23rd. let's make it official! @ufc @danawhite send me the right contract. Stop playing games!"
Poirier, 31, was beaten by the Notorious at featherweight in 2014, but they look set to rematch at 155lbs.
McGregor, who is the highest paid UFC fighter in history, snubbed his former rival after choosing Nate Diaz as his toughest opponent.
Source: Read Full Article