Central Michigan Chippewas at Wisconsin Badgers odds, picks and best bets
The Central Michigan Chippewas (1-0) head west to battle the Wisconsin Badgers (1-0) Saturday at 3:30 p.m. ET at Camp Randall Stadium in Madison, Wisc.
The Chippewas posted a 38-21 victory over FCS Albany in Mount Pleasant last week, covering the 14-point number. Meanwhile, the Badgers curb-stomped South Florida at the RayJay by a 49-0 score Friday night. RB Jonathan Taylor went off for 135 rushing yards, two rushing touchdowns and 48 receiving yards with two more scores.
Central Michigan Chippewas at Wisconsin Badgers: Betting trends and tips
- Central Michigan is 12-4 against the spread in the past 16 road games against a team with a winning home record, and it’s 4-1 ATS in the past five non-conference tilts.
- The Chips are 8-3 ATS in the past 11 road games overall, and 9-4 ATS in the past 13 against the Big Ten.
Time is running out. Win your fantasy league!
TheHuddle.com’s fantasy football insider service will help you dominate the competition as they have done for over two decades. This year, it’s your turn to win! Subscribe now at TheHuddle.com; use code ” sbw19 ” to take $10 off. Discount valid for first-time Huddle subscribers through 9/14/19.
- Wisconsin easily covered the number last week, but that game was on the road. It is 2-7 ATS in the previous nine at home.
- The Badgers are 0-8 ATS in the past eight games following a straight-up win, and they’re 0-4 ATS in the past four after a cover.
- Wisconsin has covered five of the past six outings against MAC opponents.
- The over is 8-2-1 in the past 11 for the Chips against Big Ten foes, while going 6-2 in the past eight against winning teams and 7-3 in the past 10 on the road.
- The under is 6-1 in Wisconsin’s past seven games, and 4-1 in the past five non-conference battles after last week’s result. The under is also 7-3 in its past 10 at home.
Central Michigan Chippewas at Wisconsin Badgers: Odds, betting lines and picks
Odds via playMGM; access USA TODAY Sports’ betting odds for a full list. Lines last updated Wednesday at 11 a.m. ET.
Wisconsin 48, Central Michigan 17
Moneyline ( ?)
The Badgers (-25000) probably shouldn’t even be offered on the moneyline. You have to risk $100 to win 40 cents. Seriously. The Chippewas (+3000) are catching some big numbers, but they weren’t terribly impressive against Albany and aren’t worth the risk.
Against the Spread ( ?)
The Badgers (-35, -110) should be able to run the ball early and often, but the Chippewas (+35, -110) might offer more resistance than USF. CMU yielded just 45 rushing yards on 22 carries, albeit against a FCS team. Taylor could gallop for that on one carry. Still, look for CMU to grab the cover in this one, but go lightly.
Over/Under ( ?)
The OVER 51.5 (-110) is the play in this one, and the Badgers could very well take care of the total themselves. Albany was able to register 21 points against Central last week. The biggest question is whether Wisconsin’s defense can be as dominant as it was in a shutout win in Tampa last week.
Follow Joe on Twitter @ JoeWilliamsVI and @SportsbookWire.
The NFL got what it deserved with that opening night stinker between Packers and Bears
Packers CB Tramon Williams crushes Mitch Trubisky after QB’s brutal game
All 32 NFL teams’ 2019 defenses, ranked
Jay Cutler was on the sidelines at the Packers-Bears game and fans had so many jokes
Antonio Brown unfollowed the Raiders and Derek Carr on Instagram and fans got angry
Source: Read Full Article