Chelsea vs Everton betting preview: Odds and predictions | The Sun
AFTER three consecutive wins in all competitions, have Chelsea turned the corner? If so, it could be a tough afternoon at Stamford Bridge for struggling Everton.
Chelsea vs Everton odds
Here are the latest match odds for Chelsea vs Everton.
Chelsea vs Everton betting preview
It’s been a long time coming but Chelsea may finally have found something under Graham Potter.
They head into this game having won their last three matches in all competitions, including a victory which took them into the quarter-finals of the Champions League.
It was always likely to take a while to find the right formula after January’s plethora of signings but Potter now appears to be settling on the core of a team.
Centre-forward still looks an area of concern, although Potter has at least appeared to have decided that Kai Havertz is the best of the options available to him and the German has looked better in recent outings.
Now 11 points off the top four with a game in hand, it’s not impossible that the Blues are still able to return to Europe’s top table without lifting the trophy in Istanbul in June.
However, if they are to do so, they’ll need to see off the likes of Everton on home soil.
The Toffees are one of nine teams battling against the dreaded drop and they head into this game just a point outside the relegation zone.
At least they’ve picked up a bit since replacing Frank Lampard with Sean Dyche, although that improvement has largely come on home soil – Dyche has tasted success in three of his four games at Goodison.
On the road, it’s been a different story with only one game won and just eight goals scored, although a 2-2 draw at Nottingham Forest at last shows signs of positivity.
How easy it will be to get on the front foot in this match remains to be seen though and this isn’t a venue which will fill the visitors with confidence – they haven’t won a game in 90 minutes here since 1994 when Glenn Hoddle and Neville Southall both graced the field!
Best betting offers for Chelsea vs Everton
Our top rated football bookmakers:
Chelsea vs Everton key stats
- Chelsea come into this game having won back-to-back Premier League matches for the first time since October.
- Kai Havertz has scored in Chelsea’s last two games in all competitions and was on penalty duty in the win over Borussia Dortmund.
- Everton have won three of seven under new boss Sean Dyche but all three of those 1-0 victories came at Goodison Park.
- Everton have not won a league game at Stamford Bridge in almost 30 years. Paul Rideout scored the only goal of the day in their last such victory which came in November 1994.
- N’golo Kante could return here after a lengthy spell out, with Raheem Sterling, Mason Mount and Reece James other possibles for Chelsea having missed recent games. However, Thiago Silva remains sidelined.
Chelsea vs Everton best bets
Joao Felix and Kai Havertz both 1+ shot on target
Potter has been placing plenty of faith in these two in the Chelsea attack with the pair playing a key role in the Londoners’ recent upturn.
They duo have started together on seven occasions so far, landing this bet on three occasions.
They largely fits odds of 5/4 – use bet365’s Bet Builder tool – but Everton’s shaky defence makes it look more likely.
Only Bournemouth have given up more shots than the Toffees in this season’s Premier League and given their disappointing away record, this could be another evening of struggle for the Merseysiders.
Back Joao Felix and Kai Havertz 1+ shot on target each at 5/4 at bet365
Chelsea to win to nil
For all their struggles this season, Chelsea have still largely managed to dismiss the Premier League’s stragglers at Stamford Bridge.
Yes, they did lose at home to Southampton fairly recently but they’ve won all six of their other games when hosting the current members of the bottom half.
Everton very much fall into that category and they’ve struggled for goals all season.
A look at their seven games away to the teams in the top half and you see they’ve scored only twice.
Four of those matches have been lost ‘to nil’, as have two other away games.
This looks the value way of getting improving Chelsea on side.
Bet on Chelsea to win to nil at 11/10 at 888sport
How to watch Chelsea vs Everton
- Location: Stamford Bridge
- Time: Saturday, March 18, 17:30 GMT
- Where to watch: Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League
Remember to gamble responsibly
A responsible gambler is someone who:
- Establishes time and monetary limits before playing
- Only gambles with money they can afford to lose
- Never chase their losses
- Doesn’t gamble if they’re upset, angry, or depressed
- Gamcare – www.gamcare.org.uk
- Gamble Aware – www.begambleaware.org
For help with a gambling problem, call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133 or go to www.gamstop.co.uk to be excluded from all UK-regulated gambling websites.
Most read in Betting
Best online casinos in the UK: Top 10 casino sites for 2023
Cheltenham day four betting preview: Best offers and tips for Gold Cup 2023
Cheltenham Festival sign-up offers and best betting odds
Get £40 back for Cheltenham if your first bet loses with Unibet
Source: Read Full Article