Man stunned after discovering 'real' meaning behind sad emoji & jokes it's 'ruined his day'
WHEN you have to pester someone over text to do something, there's one emoji that's guaranteed to guilt them into doing what you want… the sad eyes, obviously.
That said, one iPhone user was left shocked after discovering the "real" meaning behind one of our most-used emojis.
And we're warning you now, it might just put you off using it ever again.
Earlier this year, Twitter user Zach Silberberg went viral when he pointed out the emoji's surprising connection to Oliver Twist.
He tweeted: "Finding out that the keyboard shortcut for [the sad emoji] is 'please sir' ruined my day."
In a video that has been viewed over five MILLION views, TikToker Louis Levanti put the little-known iPhone shortcut to the test – and absolutely freaked out when it worked.
He raged: "I did not need to wake up to this tweet saying that is what you type to get that emoji!!
"It f***ing can't be. Who the f*** at Apple is responsible for this?"
That said, it all clicked into place for people on Twitter who said the sad-eyed emoji looked just like Oliver Twist when he says: "Please sir, can I have some more?"
One replied: "It’s 100% [because of Oliver Twist] and that’s all it is. What the hell else are they saying 'please sir' for?
WHAT’S IN THE BOX?
Last year’s box sold out in less than 48 hours, so what are you waiting for?
- Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow+ Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel
- Dot for Spots
- Batiste Dry Shampoo Original Classic Fresh
- Max Factor False Lash Effect Max Out Blue Primer
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Shade Crystal Clear
- Dove 1 Minute Super Conditioner
- Garnier Micellar Reusable Make-up Removal Eco Pads
- OPI Neo-Pearl Nail Lacquer
- Imbue Curl Empowering Creme Gel
- Hawaiian Tropic Mineral Sun Milk SPF30
- Avon x Lisa Armstrong MATTEiculous Lipstick in shade CB
- PLUS, One month’s free Skin + Me treatment subscription
- Fabulous Beauty Awards 2021 Beauty Box, £28 – buy here
Another added: "It works for 'puppy eyes' too!"
Meanwhile, a third wrote: "Love the idea that an orphan asking for more soup is so relevant to the modern world that it got representation in a widely-used emoji."
For more viral stories, this mum was given the wrong baby at hospital TWICE and now will never let another newborn out of her sight.
And this woman faked her own death & planned a funeral to get her ex’s attention – people said it’s weird but it WORKED.
Plus this man met the love of his life when he was 18 & she was 71 – they couldn’t deny the chemistry despite the 53 year age gap.
Source: Read Full Article