FOREO launches UFO 2 LED mask that promises 'spa luxury' at home but is it worth the cash?
IF your skin is crying out for some TLC, an at home facial could be just the thing.
Enter FOREO's latest device, the UFO 2 – an at home device that uses LED and Smart Masks for your best skin ever.
The FOREO UFO 2 Smark Mask is touted as "the future of your weekly masking ritual", thanks to intelligent technology and supercharged masks.
- FOREO UFO 2, £249 – buy here
The Swedish skin-tech company have updated their UFO to make it their best yet.
Using eight different LED light settings, thermo and cryo theapry settings and T-sonic pulsations, it's designed to supercharge the impact of your pamper session.
It works in conjunction with smart masks to help deliver your best skin yet, these include Glow Addict, Shimmer Freak, Make My Day, Acai Berry Mask, Green Tea, Call it A Night, H2Overdose and more – so you can target whatever your skin needs.
Recently FOREO has also released Coconut Oil, Manuka Honey, Green Bulgarian Rose and CBD masks.
Users simply fit the mask between the lids, use the FOREO app to set off the pre-pared programme then simply run it all over your face.
However at £249, it doesn't come cheap.
We've given the FOREO a run for it's money, and we noticed a change straight away.
Similar to that look after a facial, the UFO left with me with glowing, firmer and better looking skin, with a much more noticeable change than after using a sheet mask.
It delivers salon level results, in a matter of minutes, condensing a 20 minute session into 90 seconds and is foolproof enough for anyone to tackle at home.
With my skin taking a battering over lockdown – lack of sunshine, fresh air, and plenty of stress – it provided a much needed boost and glow.
Many reviews call it a game changer, and I would agree but would I pay £249? It depends on your skincare regime, this is only worth the cash if you use it regularly, and if you frequently pay for treatments in salons this is a cheaper solution in the long run – and who knows when they'll next re-open?
If you're looking for a cheaper option, FOREO have also developed the UFO Mini 2, which you can pick up for £159.
How does FOREO UFO work?
- Red LED – stimulates the production of collagen and elastin to firm and lift skin. This restorative LED (light emitting diode) diminishes fine lines, wrinkles and other signs of ageing as well as bolstering the skin's healing process.
- Blue LED – minimises imperfections, destroys P. acnes bacteria to stop breakouts and stabilises overactive oil production. Blue light also mitigates inflamed acne and lesions.
- Green LED – evens out skin tone, brightens dulled complexions and softens age spots, dark circles and other discolourations.
- White LED – is the longest wavelength and reaches deeper into the skin than any other colour. White LED tones and tightens the skin, reduces puffiness, activates the skin's natural renewal system and produces a general rejuvenating effect.
- Purple LED – is a combination of red and blue light that helps eliminate toxins, boost radiance, calm inflammation and accelerate healing.
- Orange LED – eases sun damage and revitalises skin for a healthy glow.
- Yellow LED – soothes sunburn, softens rosacea, combats swelling and improves overall skin tone.
- Cyan LED – is an anti-inflammatory bluish-green light that calms stressed-out skin. It has been proven to promote healing, reduce the size of swollen capillaries and reduce pain.
- Flash Thermotherapy – delivers heat to your face 5x faster than the original UFO. Warms to 45˚C (a temperature that proven to optimise penetration of creams, serums and essences)
- Flash Cryotherapy – cools to 5˚C to reduce puffiness, minimise pores, lift, firm and soothe inflammation.
- T-Sonic Power – with up to 10,000 sonic pulsations per minute, these soundwaves gently massage to relax underlying facial tension, improve detoxification, smooth the appearance of lines and enhance the absorption of treatments and creams.
FOREO have also launched their first ever lunar inspired beauty skincare regime in conjunction with Jade Mordente, a Reiki practitioner, crystal healer and mystic.
Jade Mordente said: “The lunar-cycle takes place over 29.5 days and consists of eight key phases. There are most definitely unique energies and spiritual meanings behind each phase — which can be explained by science, experience and faith.
"With this in mind, I was thrilled to work with FOREO to take this powerful cycle and create a unique regime that matches each phase perfectly to achieve beautiful, cosmically-charged skin.”
VOTE NOW for your favourite beauty gadget in our beauty awards and win some amazing prizes
- Clarisonic Mia Smart Facial Cleansing Device
- Foreo UFO 2 Pearl Pink
- GHD Glide Hot Brush
- Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer
- Babyliss 9000 Cordless Straightener
- Philips Lumea Prestige IPL
- Visit fabulousmag.co.uk/beautyawards
Tan Luxe launches Super Body Glow fake tan – the world’s first hyaluronic tanning serum.
Shoppers rave over £22 ‘wonder product’ face mask – which ‘cures acne and scars’ without irritating sensitive skin.
Looking for more beauty news, check out Fabulous.
Source: Read Full Article