Cancer horoscope – dates, personality traits and who are Cancerians most compatible with?
CANCER is the fourth astrological sign of the zodiac and comes straight after Gemini season.
It is a cardinal water sign, represented by the Crab and ruled by the moon – but what is the significance of a Cancer and who are they most compatible with?
* Read our horoscopes live blog for the latest readings
What are the Cancer horoscope dates?
Your star sign is Cancer if you were born at any point between June 22 and July 22.
Summer babies will typically fall into under the Cancer or Leo star sign, which are represented by crabs and lions.
It is the fourth sign of the zodiac, and the shelled creature it's symbolised by reflects the shelled personality of those born in those dates.
Cancerians are also ruled by the moon.
The dates for the rest of the signs are:
- Cancer: June 22 – July 22
- Leo: July 23 – August 23
- Virgo: August 24 – September 22
- Libra: September 23 – October 23
- Scorpio: October 24 – November 22
- Sagittarius: November 23 – December 21
- Capricorn: December 22 – January 20
- Aquarius: January 21 – February 18
- Pisces: February 19 – March 20
- Aries: March 21 – April 20
- Taurus: April 21 – May 21
What does the Cancer star sign mean?
People who identify as Cancerian are typically very 'rooted' kinds of people, and love to surround themselves with family or things that remind them of home.
Wearing your heart on your sleeve is normal and emotions run high if you were born between June 21 and July 22.
Cancerians are emotional and at times overly sensitive, thrifty and sentimental – but can also make great chefs with a keen love of food.
They tend to like art, home-based hobbies and helping loved ones, but dislike strangers and being made to reveal details of their personal life.
What signs are compatible with Cancer?
- Taurus – Cancer and Taurus are said to be the gentlest zodiac couple. They share emotional goals of love, family and the feeling of home.
- Virgo – Have a deep connection and complement each other as Virgos rule with reason and Cancer with the heart.
- Pisces – These two signs connect through emotions and many times it can be love at first sight.
- Libra – Cancer and Libra are looking for two completely different things in a partner and that cause great disappointment.
- Aries – Tiptoeing around each other's emotions makes a relationship hard work.
Which celebrities are Cancerians?
- Perrie Edwards
- Tom Cruise
- Tom Hanks
- Nicole Scherzinger
- Ed Westwick
- Ricky Gervais
- Will Ferrell
Most astrologists have Ophiuchus out of the zodiac wheel, a calendar that places star signs in the earth's four seasons.
This is because signs are based on seasons rather than the constellation themselves.
Where does the Zodiac come from?
The Zodiac is the term used to describe the circle of 12 divisions of celestial longitude that are centred upon the path of the sun.
The 12 divisions share the names we know as our star signs.
The term zodiac derives from Latin zōdiacus – meaning "circle of animals".
Throughout history, the zodiac has been used to predict or echo characteristics of personality.
When is International Astrology Day?
Astrologers around the world celebrate their love of the stars on March 20 each year, the date that also marks the start of the astrological year.
Former president of the International Society of Astrological Research Gisele Terry told Astrology Hub: "Astrology is truly a global language.
“We are all under the same sky. Sharing both our common and diverse perspectives on how we relate to the stars is the gift of International Astrology Day.”
Source: Read Full Article