Oti Mabuse talks ‘not getting jobs’ after gamble quitting Strictly
Oti Mabuse reveals she’s waiting for Dancing on Ice contract
Oti Mabuse shocked viewers when she departed Strictly Come Dancing in 2022 as the professional dancer branched into other areas in the television world, from joining the judging panel on Dancing On Ice to fronting her own matchmaking series, Romeo & Duet.
The 32-year-old opened up about her decision to leave the dancefloor after she lifted the Glitterball Trophy on two occasions.
The South-African born dancer admitted it was a gamble to leave Strictly, a show she had been a part of since 2015.
Oti admitted she is inspired by a number of her colleagues who have launched successful presenting careers from her ex-Strictly co-star Claudia Winkleman, to Alesha Dixon and AJ Odudu.
She wants to join them with presenting work but said it was a huge gamble to walk away from Strictly.
Speaking to Daily Mail, Oti said: “It hadn’t really been done before.
“You didn’t see female Strictly professionals do it. It’s why I have a lot of admiration for Janette [Manrara, who quit dancing on the show to present the companion programme It Takes Two].”
She went on: “I won twice, so it was a question of, ‘Now where to?’ I wanted to start from scratch again, to feel excited, disappointed, to get a job, not get a job, fall down, get back up again.”
Before Oti quit Strictly she had turned her hand to presenting roles including joining the judging panel for the BBC series The Greatest Dancer.
A Place In The Sun’s Laura Hamilton teases ITV dating contest after split[LATEST]
Eamonn Holmes’ brutal Schofield fallout making things hard for wife Ruth[LATEST]
Jeremy Clarkson slams ‘left-wing halfwits’ blaming Tories for STI outbreak[LATEST]
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
She also worked on The Masked Dancer but her first standalone gig was at the helm of dating show Romeo & Duet which has since been cancelled.
The TV star said it was her first solo gig and although she was excited it was also a nerve-wracking task.
“It was a big job, my first,” Oti remarked. “I wasn’t scared to do it but I was scared about whether I could do it well.”
She added: “The thing I’ve learned is that it happens to everyone. Everyone has that show that doesn’t match up to expectations, that doesn’t connect.
“There are shows you love that won’t get commissioned. You have to learn to get up again.”
The pro dancer now fronts her own show on ITV called Oti Mabuse’s Breakfast Show.
The Saturday programme features a unique mix of celebrity guest chats, delicious dinner inspiration, and plenty of feel-good weekend energy.
Oti Mabuse’s Breakfast Show, Saturdays at 8.30am on ITV1 and ITVX.
Source: Read Full Article