Harry and Meghan are ‘not my battle’ as Dame Kelly gets King’s invite
Prince Harry and Meghan meet Invictus Games competitors
Olympic gold medallist Dame Kelly Holmes seemingly won an invitation to King Charles’s Coronation.
The Loose Women panellist explained she will be involved in the ceremony but is unsure what her role will be as of yet.
The former athlete was speaking at a red carpet event where she shared the royal details before weighing in on the Prince Harry and Meghan Markle debate.
Dame Kelly, honorary colonel of the Royal Armoured Corps Training Regiment, said: “I will definitely be going.
“I don’t know what I’ll be doing yet, but I’ll be involved somehow.”
She continued to The Daily Mail: “No one knows who does what at this stage, and I’m also a colonel in the Army.”
The Olympic athlete admitted she does hope to see the Susssexes at the Coronation but said it was a decision to be made between the King and his son.
“It’s not my battle — I don’t know,” she added, “It’s up to the King and it’s his son, so you would hope so.”
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were officially invited to King Charles’s Coronation next month but are yet to confirm their attendance.
Jim Moir admits he ‘never really speaks much’ to pal Bob Mortimer [LATEST]
Zoe Ball dons strapless swimsuit on sun-soaked holiday with famous dad [INSTAGRAM]
Michael Caine uses walking frame as he recovers from major surgery [PICTURES]
A spokesperson for the couple – now living in the US – confirmed they had received an official invite to the event set to be held on May 8.
It is not yet clear whether or not the couple will attend the event held in London.
The date falls on their eldest child Archie’s fourth birthday, and with Lilibet being just one, it is unclear whether the couple would fly their children over for the event.
Last week, a spokesman for the couple told the BBC they had “no update” on their plans.
In January, Prince Harry addressed the Coronation but did not confirm his attendance.
“There’s a lot that can happen between now and then. But you know, the door is always open. The ball is in their court,” he said.
His refusal to publicly confirm or decline the invitation may indicate that he is quietly negotiating his role in the event.
If Meghan and Harry attend it will be the first time the pair will come face to face with the Royal Family since the release of their Netflix docu-series and Harry’s memoir Spare.
Source: Read Full Article