Alec Baldwin’s wife shares support as he discusses Halyna Hutchins shooting
Alec Baldwin was supported by wife Hilaria after he spoke out over the death of Halyna Hutchins.
The 63-year-old actor discharged a gun on the Rust movie set on October 21, accidentally killing the cinematographer, 42, and injuring director Joel Souza.
She was taken to hospital in New Mexico where she was later pronounced dead.
He spoke to reporters for the first time since the incident, and described Hutchins as his ‘friend’.
Following his comments, Baldwin’s wife Hilaria shared her support on social media, posting a photo showing her hand resting over her husband’s.
‘I love you and I’m here,’ she captioned the upload.
Earlier in the day, the 30 Rock actor addressed the ordeal with TMZ, explaining that he has been ordered by the sheriff’s department not make any comments as there is an ongoing investigation.
‘It’s an active investigation in terms of a woman dying. She was my friend. She was my friend. The day I arrived to Santa Fe to start shooting I took her to dinner with Joel the director,’ he said.
‘We were a very, very well-oiled crew shooting a film together and then this horrible event happened.’
Baldwin also revealed that he has been in ‘constant contact’ with Hutchins’ family, and has met with her husband Matthew and their son.
‘They guy is overwhelmed with grief. It’s something that… there are incidental accidents on film sets from time to time, but nothing like this. This is a one in a trillion event and so he is in shock, he has a nine-year-old son,’ he continued.
‘We are in constant contact with him and we’re very worried about his family and his kid. As I said, we’re eagerly awaiting for the sheriff’s department to tell us what their investigation has yielded.’
Baldwin, who was unaware there was a live round in the gun, has not been arrested or charged over the incident but was questioned by police along with many others.
Santa Fe County district attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies and Santa Fe County sheriff Adan Mendoza discussed the shooting in a press conference on Wednesday, nearly a week after the incident took place.
Speaking in front of reporters in New Mexico, Mendoza stressed that they are working hard to determine what happened, and that it is still too early to press charges regarding the case.
He said charges may be filed at a later date if probable cause is found, and confirmed that ‘no-one has been ruled out’ so far.
‘I want to ensure the victims, their families, and the public that we are conducting a thorough and objective investigation,’ he said. ‘In reference to possible charges, it’s too early right now in the investigation to comment on charges at this point.’
‘The investigation will continue and if the sheriff’s office determines during our investigation that a crime has occurred and probable cause exists then an arrest or arrests will be made and charges will be filed.
‘Otherwise, we will complete our investigation and for the full investigation and evidence to the District Attorney for review.’
Got a story?
If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.
Source: Read Full Article